He frankly shared: “I am very happy with what I have” despite being in the situation of renting a house with his wife.
Artist Tan Hoang is loved by the audience for his rustic performance. He has acted in many plays, both comedies and dramas, on television and movies. He is endowed with a comedic talent to bring laughter to the audience from his sincerity in everyday life, and at the same time give him a warm voice through Bolero songs.
Artist Tan Hoang
At the age of 60, he has more than 40 years in the profession. Life is not very rich, still living in a rented house, but he always finds himself happy. He used to face many diseases such as fatty blood, high liver enzymes, etc. Once, when he was hospitalized for treatment, he could not afford the expenses and did not have insurance to support him, so he had to be discharged home. Now his health is more stable than before, allowing him to perform from the South to the North. For him, the love of the job is always the driving force that helps him overcome all difficulties, including old age illness.
If there is a next life, I will still pursue acting
– In your artistic life, at the age of 60, what motivates you to overcome difficult economic times, especially illness?
– I love my job very much, I love it very much. In the past, my family was very rich, but I left home to pursue a career. From the past until now, despite facing difficulties, I have continued on my own, not relying on any artist or agency or organization. Although his ability is limited, he can overcome all, overcome even illness, because of his will. Because I love my job so much, I can overcome everything that is so sad, such as living in pain or living in poverty. I am what I am today because I love my job.
Artist Tan Hoang used to have to go through a period of illness, old age, and did not have enough money for medical treatment
– After more than 40 years of career, what excites you the most and what makes you regret the most?
– Actually, in my career, I have no regrets at all. If there is a next life, I will still pursue acting. The regret probably lies in the fact that I do not take care of my wife and children. Why do I love my job so much? But when I have a certain name in the public mind, it is also something that makes my wife and children proud. In life, I do not earnestly wish to be rich, just being able to perform for the audience is very happy.
– Does the salary of acting help you enough to live?
– How much is not enough, but how much is enough. Because it’s enough or not is up to you. I think enough is enough. I feel it’s missing. As long as I’m alive, have good health, can do the job I love, I’m very happy.
60 years old as a YouTuber because I want viewers to know that I still love them
The male artist is always worried about his job, looking forward to being healthy so that he can perform at his best
– This time he developed a personal YouTube channel. At the age of 60, what’s difficult about being a YouTuber?
– Actually, being a YouTuber is what I like to do, so I just do it, not using it as a tool to make money to cover my life. If yes, it will only help partly to save electricity and water bills for the family. The main thing I do on YouTube is to let the audience know that I am still working, love my job, and love my audience.
– When doing YouTube, there will be different streams of controversial opinions. Do you often read the comments of the audience commenting on your clips?
– There’s no comment that I don’t read. I read them all and enjoyed the comments. Because having that feedback helps me to be better. Anything that compliments and likes will no longer be interesting. There may be comments that people do not understand me, they will slowly understand me. You can’t force anyone to love you. I can’t force people like that when I also have some mistake that I haven’t seen yet. When people catch a mistake, I feel like I have to fix it. That way life is better.
– In the videos on your YouTube channel, there are clips where you have to say sorry. From that, what lessons did you draw for yourself?
– I’m really sorry that people disagree. What may be right for you may not be true for others. My Vietnamese culture, when people feel uncomfortable, I have to apologize. Why do I feel people blame me? Because people are not right.
– Are you satisfied with your current life?
– Very satisfied with the happiness I have. In my opinion, just live and serve art. A tall house with a wide door is not necessarily happy, but my rented house is happy. One can buy a house but not happiness; one can buy a watch but not bring back time. That’s my point of view. I am very happy with what I have.
– Thank you for sharing!