The pre-season is an extremely important period to prepare for the new League of Legends season. They will help players and publishers test changes, and develop features along with fixing bugs that arise during the update process.
Usually, the Pre-Season period is applied right after the World Championship tournament ends, which is around the first half of November. This year, publisher Riot Games is trying to work towards the goal: ” Attract new players, bring the best experience to the community.”
Specifically, Riot will apply a lot of tweaks towards providing convenience for players when participating in the Arena of Justice. Let’s take a look at some of the new features:
Return of the Dragon Transformation Technique
The Soul of the Transformation Dragon used to provide the ability to revive players, this effect was evaluated quite badly when they created too much pressure so it didn’t last long. Now, Riot Games has once again brought this dragon unit back to the Summoner Rift map.
However, the Soul of the Transformation Dragon is no longer respawn, but will increase in strength if the player is low on health. In addition, if you defeat a single dragon unit, all members will receive effect resistance with increased healing power, shielding.
When the Dragon Transformation skill appears, the map will have a certain change:
– Exploding Pine Nuts will fly at twice the normal range.
– Healing Fruit no longer slows and shields the player when picked up (still heals).
– The Flower of Illumination illuminates an area around + the cone in front of him, increasing movement speed when facing enemies and reducing ward units to 1 health.
The appearance of “Pet” for the jungle position
Riot will add 3 pet units for jungle players with completely different gameplay:
– Noxian Embercat: Suitable for attacking junglers, has the role of slowing and increasing damage.
– Ixtali Ixamander: Suitable for defensive junglers, as a shield for teammates. The summoned beast will give the player maximum health-based shields, while also increasing effect resistance.
– Ionian Cloudleaper: Suitable for champions that move a lot on the map, increase movement speed outside of combat.
Show the jungle monster’s patience ring
For longtime League of Legends players, they will be very good at leading jungle monsters to speed up their growth with health savings. Now, Riot Games allows the display of the jungle monster’s patience, towards the goal of making it easier for new players to go to the jungle.
Recommend forest ring
Each champion in League of Legends has a different skill set, so the compatible jungle ring is also different. Therefore, the publisher will suggest suggestions for players to complete the jungle better.
Improved communication tools
Riot will update the Ping system (communication tool) during Pre-Season 2023.
Basic Ping: Back, on the way, support me and enemies lost track.
New Ping: Push, attack with all hands, hold minions, lure the enemy.
In addition, Riot Games also added new Ping features to control vision: Vision is broken, enemy vision here, need vision in this area.
Recommend Runes and Summoner Spells
When using a champion, players often have to refer to sources about using runes and summoner spells. In this pre-season, the publisher will have suggestions to make it easier for the community to access champions through pre-designed suggestions.
Change in experience mechanism (Top lane support)
Riot Games will change the experience mechanism for different lanes, to support the top lane in the 2023 Pre-Season:
– The simple path to gain experience by the coefficient: 95% (Previously it was 93%).
– Double lane enjoys experience by coefficient: 122% (Previously 124.73%).
– Mid lane will get 1 less gold for killing minions before 14 minutes (Previously only artillery units lost 10 gold)