Kim Yoo Jung has another impressive work for herself.
20th Century Girl is a new movie released on an online movie viewing platform. Marking the return of Kim Yoo Jung in the youth drama genre, “20th Century Girl” received a lot of praise from the audience right after its debut. The film’s gentle, not too unpredictable script with a twist at the end of the film has drawn the audience into the youthful story of 20th century boys and girls.
The film revolves around Na Bo Ra (Kim Yoo Jung) – a true best friend who can sacrifice everything for Yeon Du (Roh Yoon Seo). In order for her friend to easily go abroad for heart surgery, Bo Ra promised to help Yeon Du learn about the guy Yeon Du secretly loved at first sight. Ironically, when Yeon Du left only one name and Bo Ra got to know the wrong object. Even more cruel when Bo Ra did not know that Woon Ho (Byeon Woo Seok) was the one that Yeon Du liked, so she developed feelings for Woon Ho. When everything was broken, Bo Ra once again accepted the sacrifice, trying to be cold to Woon Ho to give her love back to Yeon Du. She didn’t know that Woon Ho actually liked her before the two officially met and was also preparing to go a long way.
With the melodrama genre adding a bit of “regret first love”, from the beginning, although the atmosphere of the film is very bright and sweet, many viewers have prepared psychologically for a tragic ending. And of course the preparation is not superfluous, the twist at the end of the film is also the heartbreaking ending for 20th Century Girl. However, despite many torments, most viewers think that this ending is reasonable enough for viewers to remember the movie, be surprised and regret it. And similar to Twenty Five Twenty One, 20th Century Girl is also a torment, missed for the first love, but Kim Yoo Jung’s film was not criticized for the ending, because despite the heartbreak, everything fits perfectly.
In addition to the ending of the film, which left many torments for the audience, 20th Century Girl was also praised for the film’s color and the scene as bringing the audience back to the 20th century full of nostalgia. In addition, the great acting of the main actors is what is mentioned the most. After the series did not create a big buzz, Kim Yoo Jung, although still playing a student, really got herself a breakthrough and impressive role. Her chemistry with her co-stars, especially the male lead Byeon Woo Seok, made the audience wish 20th Century Girl didn’t just stop at a movie.
– Maybe some people don’t like the ending of the movie, but I like it quite a bit, the movie has a good ending, the effect of creating a feeling of regret in the hearts of the viewers is too successful, but the ending is too predictable. boring. Before, I watched the 1995 Japanese movie Love Letter, which also brought me the same feeling of regret, now this movie gives me the same feeling as when I watched that movie, so I’m quite satisfied.
– Why, how can it be so similar to 2521??? It’s a really good movie, everyone must check it out, or you’ll miss it. The sad ending doesn’t matter, what matters is what the movie gives us, it’s worth watching.
– Kim Yoo Jung is always great in dramas like this. And it was great to see Han Hyoo Joo at the end playing the older Bo Ra.
– It was a beautiful day and I decided to watch it. I finally cried all my tears. Why is that scriptwriter, why make such a sad ending?
– This will be a complete TV script. I really hope Yoo Jung and the male lead have another true healing movie, you two are so beautiful.
Image source: Mydramalist