At the end of April, Aniplex Plus announced the release of a 1/8th scale figure based on the character Nezuko Kamado (Onika Shinkouji Ver.) from the Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen film series, in February 2023 at Japan. The remarkable thing about this Nezuko figure is that the design is not based on the prototype in the movie, but rather based on the cover of the eleventh compiled book volume of the original manga.
Because of this, the figure Nezuko inspired by the demonic form of the nation’s sister has received much criticism from the online community.
Previously, during the broadcast of the anime Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen, Nezuko’s sexy image transformed into a demon was also controversial in the fan community. Immediately after episode 6 aired, many viewers went crazy because of Nezuko’s new appearance and there was also a part that felt dissatisfied because of it. They consider it unnecessary for a child like Nezuko to expose too much skin and (again) see this as an act of attracting “dirty views” by the 18+ factor.
And now it’s the turn of Nezuko’s figure to encounter similar mixed reviews.
Some notable comments include:
– A 14 year old girl shouldn’t look like this.
– The demon form makes Nezuko look much older. Just like the female demon she was fighting, that girl was also underage but no one said anything.
– This Nezuko model is made based on illustrations only.
– It seems that many people don’t understand that this figure was not only approved by the publisher, but also designed by the creator of Kimetsu no Yaiba himself? She wants Nezuko to look like this!
– This is why I gave up Kimetsu no Yaiba! Because there’s no need to make a 12-year-old girl look sexy like this.
– I really hate this design!
It is known that the Nezuko figure this time has a height of approximately 121mm (not counting the height of the stand) and 100mm (only counting) and will cost 16,500 yen (about 135 US dollars and nearly 3 million VND).
And you, what do you think of this Nezuko figure?