Dubbed “The new generation male god of the Vietnamese screen”, Quoc Anh – a boy born in 1998 – is most mentioned for his role as Lam in the TV series Us 8 years later.
After part 1 of the film ended with a sweet youth journey but also full of regret and many tears when Lam and Duong (Hoang Ha) broke up, Quoc Anh opened up about his first successful collaboration in the film. a movie from VFC (Vietnam Television Film Center). At the same time, the actor frankly shared his views on love as well as rumors of “real fake love movies”.
“Hoang Ha and I never talked before filming together”
– Pairing with co-star Hoang Ha in “Us 8 years later”, what was the most difficult thing for Quoc Anh?
– The most difficult thing for Quoc Anh himself is that Hoang Ha and I had never talked to each other before, even at that time we were not friends on Facebook. So when they first met, the two were quite shy. Seeing that, director Huy Bui created conditions for us to meet, talk, and go out to eat and drink together so that we could get closer to each other before filming.
Quoc Anh and Hoang Ha play well together as the loving couple Lam and Duong
– You have been paired with many female co-stars with a difference in height, is that a disadvantage for you?
– I don’t think my height is a disadvantage. In the international film market, there are quite a few movie “couples” with different heights such as Ho Nhat Thien – Tham Nguyet, Luu Hao Nhien – Dam Tung Van or Park Hyung Sik – Park Bo Young,… but they still create so many emotions for the audience when watching the movie.
To me, the matching appearance of the two actors is quite important, but the emotions the actors bring to the audience are still more important.
The pair of co-stars made the audience think “a real fake love movie”
– The love scenes between the two characters Duong and Lam in the movie are so romantic that the audience thinks it’s a “fake love movie”. How did you feel when performing these scenes, especially the character’s kiss scene?
– When I saw that the audience thought we were a “real fake love movie”, I was very happy because Hoang Ha and I had to act well so that the audience could see that we truly loved each other.
In the movie, the audience only saw the two actors kissing, but actually outside, there were quite a few crew around, so when I acted I just tried to focus on completing the scene. Hoang Ha and I are really close friends, so actually we were both a little shy when doing this kiss scene.
– Hoang Ha once shared that Quoc Anh was not her boyfriend’s type, so they were just co-stars. And what does Quoc Anh himself think? Does Hoang Ha look like the type of girlfriend you’re aiming for?
– Hoang Ha outside is a very lovely girl who cares about everyone. As for my girlfriend’s taste, I am an emotional person and love my family, so I like girls who are similar to me, are emotional, and most importantly, can tolerate my childishness (laughs).
“I’m an emotional person, so when I love, I don’t think too much.”
Quoc Anh and female singer MLee
– Previously, after participating in “The Amazing Race”, he and MLee were entangled in dating rumors. How is the relationship between the two of you now?
– MLee is a special friend of mine. When I moved to the South, she helped me a lot and we had quite similar thoughts and interests. In addition, we are in the same company so the audience will often see my sister and I have many projects together. If the audience watches “The Amazing Race” they will see that Ms. MLee is a very smart person and she has the ability to organize and solve problems quite quickly. Ms. MLee is also the “crush” of many guys!
– What do you think every time a fan “pulls the boat” with a co-star or a female colleague participating in a game show?
– As I shared, “pushing the boat” comes from the audience liking and feeling for the character, so it feels like the two actors are truly in love. I am quite happy when the “couple” on television that I participate in is well received and loved by the audience.
– Are you afraid to love a girl who works in the Vietnamese entertainment industry?
– To me, love is without distinction. I am an emotional person, so when I love, I won’t think too much about the other person’s situation, background or job. Just two people who love and truly understand and sympathize with each other is enough.
“During the hot scene, I was quite shy and had some difficulty”
Quoc Anh has an impressive height of 1.86m and is known as the “New Generation Male God”.
– Besides acting, what activities are you passionate about?
– Besides acting, I was also a model before. However, at this time, I am focusing all my attention on my acting career. Outside of filming, I am someone who enjoys cooking and taking care of the house. I often spend time at home rather than going out.
– Which sport do you like the most? In your free time, what do you like to do?
– Usually I just go to the gym to keep my body in shape. But I really like experiencing new subjects and outdoor activities. I am cherishing a series about experiencing special sports and hope to air it soon in the near future.
Not only is he an actor, Quoc Anh is also a photo model
– How do you spend time to ensure your filming schedule and exercise to stay in shape?
– Usually the filming schedule lasts for several months, even several years for long-form films, so I usually try to spend 1 hour a day practicing. I usually wake up early to practice before going to the studio. On days when I can’t go to practice, I will practice at home some simple movements like push-ups, etc.
– His increasingly impressive roles have caused him to be called by the audience the title “New generation male god”. What do you think about this name?
– I think the audience is quite fond of giving me this title. I am a novice actor, not professionally trained. I only participated in a few courses from Ms. Kathy Nguyen and learned through the teachings of my aunts, uncles, and brothers and sisters in the profession. The fact that the audience calls me “New Generation Male God” is both encouragement and pressure for me to try harder. I want the audience to see more about my acting ability, not just my appearance.
Quoc Anh had an intimate scene with co-star Minh Trang in “Love Before the Wedding”
– Besides the movie “We 8 years later”, audiences are also paying attention to Quoc Anh’s role in “Love Before the Wedding” which is currently being broadcast. When filming with Minh Trang, which scene made you the most shy?
– In the movie “Love Before the Wedding”, Minh Trang and I had a pretty hot scene. In this film, I play Manh Dung, a quite gentle and somewhat patriarchal guy who likes to arrange everything. Having to play the role of such a guy but still having to bring true emotions to the audience when performing hot scenes also made me quite shy and a bit difficult.
“I will choose to have a stable career and a beautiful love”
– After the success of your first “encounter” with a VFC film, do you intend to continue going to the North to film a long-term film?
– I’m currently in Hanoi to participate in another movie coming out next year. In addition, I also received an invitation to participate in another VFC movie, but unfortunately because I couldn’t arrange a filming schedule, I couldn’t participate. Next year, I hope to have another movie and certainly when VFC invites me to participate, I will not refuse because I am a fan of VFC, and participating in a VFC movie is an honor. mine.
“I am an emotional person and love my family, so I like girls who are like me, are emotional, and most importantly, can tolerate my childishness,” Quoc Anh shared.
– You once admitted your shortcomings in speaking when filming live sound films. How have you tried to fix this?
– Before participating in the movie, I was very worried because I knew my weaknesses. During filming, I researched and practiced a lot at home. On set, director Huy Bui spent a lot of time practicing for me, so I improved a lot after “We are 8 years later”.
– His role as Lam faces a choice between love and career. If you had to choose, would you “choose your heart or listen to reason”?
– I have never been and hope to not fall into such a situation in the future (laughs). As for me, I think as an emotional person and live by my emotions, I will “choose my heart”. I’m a person who doesn’t think too much, especially in love.
– Putting love and career on the table, can you “confess” which you would prioritize more?
– I will choose to have a stable career and have a beautiful love. I think having both of these things is not really too difficult, if you are determined, you can do it!
– Thank you for sharing!