Throughout the history of anime adaptations (Japanese cartoons) of the Pokémon franchise, protagonist Ash Ketchum has had many companions on his journey. However, Misty is the first person to accompany Ash Ketchum in the adventure in the Pokémon world. At first, Misty went with Ash because he borrowed her bike and damaged it. Misty plans to go around with him until he can give her the car back.
Because of that, this orange-haired girl has been considered by a large number of fans as the “first waifu (first girlfriend)”. Accordingly, the news of Misty’s return to the main storyline has really resonated with the most die-hard fans of the Pokémon series.
The moment Ash Ketchum and Misty reunited, fans were touched
Ash Ketchum and Misty’s reunion takes place in the second episode of the Pokémon: Aim to Be a Pokémon Master anime special. Although this anime is short, it will be the complete conclusion to the adventures of Ash Ketchum. Most of all, Misty’s return really surprised viewers, who were quick to share their opinions across the forums.
– After all, Ash’s original waifu will always be Misty.
– I’m crying because I’ve always been a supporter of this couple!
– Since I was little, Misty has been my waifu, and I will always be by her side.
– Really first generation will always be the best.
– The height difference in my opinion seems reasonable, much better than before.
– Did Ash return Misty’s bike? More than twenty years have passed.
– I couldn’t hold back my tears when I saw the two of them interacting again.
– They even use the same music as the original series.
Misty’s lovely expressions
The excerpt of Misty and Ash’s conversation when “reuniting” after so many years is as follows:
– Misty: I’m watching TV, Champion! Congratulations!
– Ash: Thank you!
– Misty: When I saw your battles, I couldn’t sit still! I gave Cerulean Gym to my sisters, and I’m on a journey again!
More about Misty, this girl is very talented, adventurous and caring. She is part of a family of Head Coaches of the Cerulean City Sports Hall. She is the youngest of four sisters Violet, Lily and Daisy. Together they are responsible for the Cerulean City Sports Hall and share a passion for raising Water-type Pokémon.
As she goes on new adventures with Ash, meets new Pokémon, and visits many interesting places, Misty begins to develop her own talents as a Trainer specializing in Water Pokémon.